Aug 31 , 2022
Dry kibbles and canned dog foods are formulated with ingredients that are good for your dog’s diet. Plus, they are also convenient and can be taken anywhere on the go.
However, they may not be suitable for all dogs.
Not all dogs’ tolerance and reaction to foods are the same. Some might have a more sensitive stomach which can easily lead to food allergies and may cause an upset stomach, diarrhea, and food aversion.
If your pups have sensitive stomach, you may have to refrain from giving them dry kibbles and canned foods, and switch to home made meals instead. This will allow you to have full control of your dog’s diet and focus more on the ingredients that will best suit their needs.
You don’t need to have the expertise of a chef to prepare a delicious and healthy meal for your dog. If you’re looking for homemade dog recipes to calm your pup’s sensitive stomach, we’ve got you covered!
Rice and chicken breast meal
Chicken breast is rich in protein that is good for your dogs’ muscles, and is gentle for their tummy. Just make sure to remove the skin.
- Boil the chicken breast in a large pot.
- Cook the rice.
- After boiling the chicken breast, shred or slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer to your dog’s dish and serve with rice.
Tuna and mashed sweet potato
Who says tuna is for cats only? Well, dogs love it too.
Tuna is another wonderful source of protein and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. While sweet potato is rich in fiber and has complex carbs, that will help give your dogs more energy.
- Peel off the sweet potato skin, then cut into cube-sized pieces
- In a large pot, boil the sweet potatoes. To know if it’s properly cooked, pierce with a fork.
- Once done, drain and cool.
- Then thoroughly mashed with a fork.
- Drain the excess liquid of the canned tuna.
- Transfer to your dog’s dish.
Ground beef meal
Dogs love beef. But if your dog has an upset stomach, it’s better to give them ground beef so they can easily digest it. The main ingredients for this recipe aside from ground beef are plain oatmeal (as breadcrumbs) and cottage cheese.
You can also add grated carrots and beans if you like. This meal is very nutritious and rich in protein.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients and then shape into the form of patty.
- Fry or baked the ground beef mixture in olive oil. Let it cool.
- Mash or slice into bite-size pieces and serve.
Make a healthy and delicious baked goodies for your dog to make them feel better. This recipe makes use of peanut butter, carrots, and oats.
- Pre-heat your oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- While heating the oven, grease your baking sheet with olive oil.
- Then combine the flour, baking powder, oats, butter, and carrots.
- Mix all the ingredients well until you get a thick and smooth consistency.
- Scoop the batter and put small sizes on your baking pan then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Apple layer cake
Give your dog a delicious and sweet dessert in a healthy way. This recipe makes use of chopped apples, sweet corn, carrots, peas, minced chicken, and cooked brown rice as main ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Pulverized the hard-boiled egg until fully crushed.
- Blend the chopped apples, minced chicken, crushed eggs, peas, and carrots into a mixing bowl.
- Grease the cake pan.
- Take a portion of the cooked brown rice as base, then layer with the apple-chicken mixture.
- Repeat until you made three layers.
- Pop into your preheated oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Let cool and slice into bite-sized pieces if needed.
Making homemade meals for your dog is one of the best ways to calm your pup’s tummy. But always remember to stick to peas, carrots, banana, and apple, as they’re considered being the safest options that are packed with protein and fiber.
Also, avoid onions and garlic because they are considered harmful for your dog’s tummy and can worsen the stomach upset.
A dog’s sensitive stomach needs small amounts of food only, so don’t serve too much.